- Your frontman Julian emphasized his heterosexuality by marrying his girlfriend Juliet Joslin in February. Were you invited?
- Fab: No, I had to wait outside, they don’t like Brazilians in the “Tavern on Green” (laughs)
- Nick: Sure we all were there. Nikolai was the best man and the three of us were there as a backup.
- What did you do as a backup?
- Nick: Being there and just in case Nikolai fucks up.
- Fab: We had all gathered in this small room behind the altar and I felt as if we were about to have a concert. That was really strange.There you can see how deep the Strokes are in us.
- So in the church was one side for the bride’s family, one for the broom’s family and in the middle The Strokes?
- Albert: Yeah, a bit like in the video “November rain”
- Nick: With a big lightshow…
- Fab: The guy run out of the wedding cake panicked by the rain..
- Nick: The pyrotechnics had a lot to do. When they both said: “I do.” on both sides of the stage started big fireworks. Because it was really a stage, the thing happened in Madison Square Garden.
- Albert: Nothing of that is true. The wedding was quite traditional, Juliet had her bridesmaids and all…
- Fab: We shouldn’t really talk about the wedding with Julian, a wedding is something pretty personal, right?
- Nick: True! It’s a pity, I was just getting started… But, let’s drop it.
the wedding was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. and i felt totally comfortable. and i knew people. and my clothes were fine. and it was really great. it was not a big fancy wedding at all. the church part was to the point and there was such a good feeling of excitement and nervousness.
then everyone went to the reception. which was really nice. it turned into a dance party after awhile. i haven’t danced to milli vanilli in awhile. loved that.
after the reception a whole bunch of us went downtown and had a little party. i had juice boxes.
you know what?
i know the best people.
and when two of those people figure out they love the shit out of each other and they don’t care what anyone says or thinks it is magical.
yay.” —Kimya Dawson on Julian & Juliet’s wedding 6/2/2005 (via tildahl)
- Interviewer: You're also the father of Julian Casablancas, lead singer of the Strokes...
- (John interrupts him to say)
- John Casablancas: Yes, yes, I'm very proud of him!
- Interviewer: Did you guys use to compete to see which one would get more women?
- John Casablancas: Actually, he did the exact opposite, he only had two girlfriends, and married his second one
omg you guys
when cal starts going to school and he has math homework but he isn’t doing it
julian will probably just be like
DO THE MATH